Access by public transport around Lake Geneva (France/Switzerland)
You can travel on Lake Geneva by taking one of the boats of the Compagnie Générale de Navigation.The Compagnie Générale de Navigation offers a hundred daily connections between the Swiss cities of Geneva, Lausanne, Nyon, Montreux and Morges and their French counterparts of Thonon-les-Bains, Yvoire and Evian-les-Bains. It is the quickest means of travel and guarantees a change of scenery when swapping one shore of the lake for the other.
Back on land, several tourist trains and panoramic trains also have their own charm:
- The Lausanne-Echallens-Bercher line, a perfect link between town and country
- The Blonay-Chamby railway for lovers of railway history, with its trains towed by old steam and electric locomotives
- The MOB Montreux – Château d’Oex – Gstaad – Interlaken – Lucerne line, without a doubt the most spectacular means of crossing Switzerland on-board the Golden Pass Panoramic trains
- The Chablais public transport service operates four railway lines between the plains and the mountains: from Aigle to Leysin, to les Diablerets or to Champéry and from Bex to Villars or to Bretaye
- The Mont-Blanc Express line, climbing from the Rhône plain towards Mont Blanc; the cog railway takes you through the Trient Valley to Chamonix.
And for all other journeys by public transport, you can reserve your train tickets and place tickets in France and Switzerland below.