Dîner in the sky à 6 mains by Michel ROTH* MOF "Bayview, Président Wilson" Genève, Danny KHEZZAR finaliste Top Chef 2023 et Philippe RIGOLLOT MOF "Pâtisserie RIGOLLOT" Annecy
As part of the second edition of the Toques en Chablais International Gastronomy Festival, the Thonon Tourist Office wishes to offer the general public a unique gastronomic experience.
- Lake view
- Mountain view
- Close to a public transportation
- Bus stop < 500 m
One price: 250 €.
Sales open on September 4 only at the Tourist Office or by phone at 04 50 71 55 55.
Le prix comprend
- Champagne reception in the VIP area
- Pastry(s) prepared by the Chef of the day
- Food and wine pairing
- Water and soft drinks
- Coffee in the VIP area
Modes de paiement
- Bank/credit card
- Travellers Cheque
- Reserved parking at 100m - VIP transfers organized by Audi for lunches and dinners - Provide appropriate clothing - No bags allowed on the platform - Minimum height of 1.10m - Weigh 150 kg maximum - No smoking on the platform - Toilet nearby
Saturday 14 October 2023.
Animaux acceptés : Non
Host portrait : - Michel ROTH was born in 1959 in Sarreguemines in Moselle, and grew up around the traditional dishes of Lorraine. His mother and grandmother taught him his first recipes.
At the age of 15, Michel ROTH decided to undertake an apprenticeship and took his first steps in the kitchen. He began his training in some of the most famous restaurants in Alsace, giving him solid professional experience. In 1977 he was awarded the title of "Best Apprentice in France". He continued to climb the ranks, working alongside renowned chefs, including Guy LEGAY at the "L'Espadon" restaurant at the famous Ritz on Place Vendôme in Paris. In 1985, he won the Pierre Taittinger International Culinary Prize, before going on to win the coveted Bocuse d'Or and Meilleur Ouvrier de France titles in 1991. In 2001, he took over the restaurant's kitchens as chef and was awarded 2 Michelin stars in 2009. In 2012 he joined the Hôtel Président Wilson in Geneva as Executive Chef, and put his signature on the menu of the gastronomic restaurant 'Le Bayview'. In 2013 he was awarded his first Michelin star, as well as a 17/20 rating in the Gault&Millau guide. 3 years later, in 2016, he was awarded an additional point in the Gault&Millau, reaching the coveted score of 18/20.
Michel ROTH also sits on the jury for the Bocuse d'Or Suisse and is a member of the exclusive circle of Grandes Tables de Suisse.
Michel Roth is now one of France's most successful chefs, with some of the most prestigious titles in French gastronomy.
- Danny KHEZZAR grew up in the Paris suburbs. He began his training at the Jean Drouant Hotel School, before working in several prestigious establishments under the wing of chef Michel Roth. After working as a commis de cuisine at the Ritz Paris, Danny was given the job of sous-chef at the 'Bayview' restaurant at the Hôtel Président Wilson in Geneva at the age of just 26, still working alongside chef Michel ROTH. Drawing on the lessons learned from his mentor, Danny set himself a new challenge by taking part in the 14th season of Top Chef. A candidate with an atypical background, Danny was eliminated in the 2nd week of the competition. He then joined the parallel competition and faced his rivals in the hidden brigade alongside chef Hélène DARROZE.
He returned to the original competition in the quarter-finals after ousting a number of outgoing candidates, and faced his last competitor in the final. Despite his defeat, Danny regained confidence in himself and, above all, in his cooking. Since 1 May 2023, Danny has been working in the kitchens of the Bayview restaurant under the direction of Michel Roth, and now heads up his brigade.
- Philippe Rigollot got the idea when he was very young. He recalls with emotion tasting a Lenôtre mille-feuille. It was then that he decided to join Lenôtre. He was hired and even met his wife, also a pastry chef. A real sweet fairytale. He went on to work for Michelin-starred restaurants. "Le Pré Catelan" with Frédéric ANTON, then alongside Anne-Sophie PIC in Valence.
In 2010, Philippe Rigollot and his wife Élodie took over a pastry shop in the heart of Annecy. Once again, they've risen to the challenge with flying colours. Fine chocolates in a wide range of variations, macaroons and entremets in a variety of flavours, true works of art.
Tips : - Reserved parking at 100m - VIP transfers organized by Audi for lunches and dinners - Provide appropriate clothing - No bags allowed on the platform - Minimum height of 1.10m - Weigh 150 kg maximum - No smoking on the platform - Toilet nearby